Friday, September 28, 2012

Chapter 2 Unglued

1...Putting Things in perspective helps to keep us from losing control.  Realizing we can't control everything will help us to stay relaxed and think clearly.  New thoughts come from new perspectives.

2...When an emotion is tied to this thought pattern, the memory trace grows exponentially stronger.  If a thought is tied to a strong emotion the memory becomes deeper because we repeatedly access that thought.

3...Renewing our minds with new thoughts is crucial because new thoughts come from new perpectives.  It keeps us out of the negitive and helps us to move forward.

4...Romans 12:2  Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think, then youb will learn to know Gods will for you, which is good, and pleasing and perfect//God wants us to have renewed minds.  He wants us to obey him not the world.  If we let him lead our lives the rest of the world shouldn't matter.
2nd Corinthians 10:5  We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God.  We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.// We have to give God the control over our thoughts.  We have to choose which we want to think on and recognize the difference between the wrong thoughts and the Christ centered ones.  I have to just pray that I will give God the control of my thoughts.  Trust him to guide my thoughts.  I need the Holy Spirit in my life.  More word.  More prayer.  I have to prepare for temptation.  So I can shut it out when it happens.  I need to instill a plan to be able to redirect myself.  Like dieting I dont stick with it cause I give in to temptation.  It's the way I perpare my heart. 

5...When I am faced with a situation out of control I do have two choices.  The world and God.  Which will I pick?  If I slow down and listen I think I would choose God.  Most of the time I dont even listen or realize my decisions aren't the best.  I need to be sensitive to the Lord and prepare my heart to seek him.  I need to research the cause that made me stray.  Preparing my heart will help me to make those decisions.

6...I am a freak out woman  if it's possible to get my heart so right and fixed on him then I need to start in advance and not wait until my back is against a wall.  I cannot listen to the world TONIGHT!  One day one choice Imperfect progress. 







No comments:

Post a Comment