Sunday, October 14, 2012

Glad I am not a leaf

Driving down the road and my little Emma Say's "Mommy look at the tree's aren't they beautiful?"  Yes Emma they are very pretty.  Fall is my favorite time of year.  She proceeds to tell me that she was so glad that she wasn't a leaf.  Why would you say that Emma? 
If I was a leaf I might fall from the tree and get stepped on.  I might even get ripped.  What would happen if I blew away?  You might have a hard time finding me because alot of leaves look the same.

She put alot of thought into her response.  Got me to thinking about the way I respond to others.  Do I put thought into my responses or do I just spew out my words without thinking them through.  I love the way my little girl thinks.  Her mind is new and so simple.  She sees things as they are without the fancy words or cover ups.  How much better would our lives be if we allowed everything to stay simple? 

God put that that much thought into us.  He really did.  He is who he says he is.  He crafted us with such thought.  As we grow we let the world refine us.  Sometimes so much that we can't remember who we really are.  If I were a leaf and I blew away God would find me because even though alot of leafs look the same they are still different and God pays attention to the details.  He loves me that much!  We are each different yet so much alike.  Some of us blow away from him during times in our lives but God knows exactly where we are and when we let him rake us up he places us in a huge pile of love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment